Problems with cookies and IE 7:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

I have had a problem recently, where upgrading to IE 7, I can't seem to keep cookies that I want. They only work while I have the PC on. As soon as I turn off my PC, or restart when I come back to certain webpages, they've 'forgotton' me. With TechSpot.com aswell?! Anyone had the same problem, or know what to do? Thanks.

This may not be your problem, but there is a virus that kills cookies. See HERE.

With that is mind, I suggest you read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment.

If it turns out not to be virus related, then we`ll have to look at other possibilities.

Regards Howard :)

It worries me this, that virus is nearly 2 years old and never have had a major or even just, a virus problem that I can recall. I use ZoneAlarm Security Suite, but I guess that can only stop so many junk e-mails. I may try an alternate Av prog if it turns out to be a virus, but will upload a Hijack log report to this thread I think, once done..

Could some please read my Log report and tell me if they see anything suspicious, I've been having problems with cookies...
Thanks.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

PartyGaming
PartyPoker

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

RunApp.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - blank (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe

O16 - DPF: {70BA88C8-DAE8-4CE9-92BB-979C4A75F53B} - http://launch.gamespyarcade.com/software/launch/alaunch.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\PartyGaming<Delete the entire folder. This puts adware on your system.

Reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean. There`s certainly no viruses there that I can see.

Therefore, your cookie problem must be caused by something else. maybe a bug or some setting in IE7?

Regards Howard :)

It sounds Howard, that you really Really want me to get rid of any PartyGaming application off the PC. PartyPoker seems a stable small program and I haven't had the problem since I got the program. I think it may be some stubborn settings in IE 7 but I can't think where I would amend these . Maybe I should try that first, no? If PartyPoker has adware, I haven't seen any while surfing (popups etc), only when I'm logged in to the tables, do I see java adverts I think.
*I've just noticed that in Internet Properties, my privacy settings are set to Medium High, where Medium is default, BUT I don't think again that I've had the problem with that setting in the past. I think ZoneAlarm set it.

Medium Privacy settings don't help.

It hasn't helped. Been meaning to restore/format my Compaq Presario for a long time. I think deleting things that I maybe shouldn't have over time has slowed down and caused unstability with certain programs. Had the PC the same now for 2 years. Have everything backed up, but this should help shouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back