Problems with lag.. can anyone shed some light?

Hey everyone hope all is good
I was just wondering if you could help me out here
I run a AMD phenom II X4 960T I have 8 gb RAM and... I think this is where the problem may be... my gt 430 geforce video card.
lately things have been really laggy like league of legends and WoW on lowest detail can run 20-40 and at best and some games are almost unrunnable and in the last month things like youtube and movies have been laggy..
if anyone can help it would be really appreciated and if its the video card issue could someone reccomend one to me.. I would be willing to pay around 500$ or less if possible

I dont know why you think your video card is faulty, but since you are prepared to spend a lot of money to replace it, I hope you are right, because I suspect it is more likely to prove to be malware.

Surely it is much more sensible to do a thorough test of the card first - there must be a test suit on AMD site.

Thanks for the info but I need a new one anyway as it is quite old and with the newer generation of games coming out my old gt430 just stuggles to hold up a stable FPS and im 99% sure my pc has no viruses (ive virus scanned)

I agree that there's an issue with your Windows install. Also, buying a $300+ GPU is going to result in your CPU holding it back.

Back