Problems with my old hp compaq nx9010

Status
Not open for further replies.
greentings everybodi

I am new to this forom. I av an old laptop hp compaq nx9010. it has some following problms

1) the battery is end ..no time at all... (laptop was closed for long time)..I took it to technician he say he will replace the batteris inside the battery by opening it...
my question is that "is this possible, is this risky to the laptop" or the guy is freak..:)

2) my dvdrom read DVDs but no CD...why?

3) i can't go inside system setup for settings.. it is password protected ..i dont remember password...i tired every keyboard button n it shows hash code " 03779" on f12 key...

can anyone help me in these issues..

I love u all ..
thankyou for kindness

I am done wit the pasword..i used unlocker6 2003 and it worked

tell me about the cells...should i give the battery to the guy to open it and change the cells inside.

and what about the dvdrom ... it it read DVD ok but no CD ... :(

thanks for support

About batteries yes it may just work if done properly but I'd advise against it; and rather get a completely new battery instead.

I m not getting a new battery in market..the technician said that the only way is to change the cells inside battery..
anyways thanks

Changing the cells is dangerous prefer to buy a new one but as you say you don't get any battery on the market then you only solution would be to change cell. About the DVD Rom sometimes some DVD's need a precise software from the make and a driver update for it to work well(CD I mean)

I've get that done in similar situation ....... and usually the changed cells last lot less than the original ones; but i will concede that its still much better than nothing at all ..... so despite apprehensions i would say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back