Problems with Sony flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have usb flash sony 1 GB when i connect the flash to my pc and want to make format the pc say "pleas insert the drive ??"
and some program can correct this problem but the program not find my flash
pleas help me and thanks for you.

Are you using USB2, usually the back USB ports on any new PC

I think that in the end, you may be removing all USB ports from device manager (warning your USB mouse will then stop working)
Upon restart, all USB drivers should be automatically installed (you may need to know a few basic keyboard commands - Tab; Ctrl +Esc; Space Bar and use of the arrow keys)

my pc ports are usb1 its worke normally with another devices (usb moues ) or any device i know the problem in the flash drive but i don know the solution

USB1

Oh dear

Has this drive ever worked on your USB1

Some flash drives require drivers to be installed, as well.

But I'm concerned about the USB1 only option. It must be an older computer, quite old !

You can purchase a new PCI (internal PCI card) for your computer, for as low as $15, which will enable you to run USB2 devices, (From eBay)

I think this is your best option
Basically I don't want to get stuck down on trying to get your old USB1 working

ok then

In: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management

Can you see your drive in there ?

If so, can you right click on it, and select "Format"

Also what other drives are shown, ie sometimes network share drives, or virtual drives, can interfere with USB flash drives.

It is possible the USB flash drive is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back