Program choices basic group favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyGuitar

Searched, and found only one slightly similar posting..

This list of some of my basic choices of programs may not be the sharpest. It*s because I am such a loner, ... social, but play a lot of guitar and don*t mix as much as I should.

Alter or add your knowledge of excellent programs you like, and I*ll be forever in debt to you.
These are my choices. There must be dozens of great ones...eh?

Pgm Choices
==============

Browser Firebird Opera MS-IE

Mail Client Thunderbird Gmail.com OutLook Express

Res Scanner AVG Avast Webroot

Manual Scan AVG Webroot MSDefender

Music Player Real Player Win Player Quicktime

QuickPrint PrintmasterPlatinum

Resources meter CoolBeans [small, always on top..love it]

Photos Post Picassa Hello

CD DVD Nero

Word Processor CorelWordPerfect MSWP

Phone Skype [Vbuzzer GizmoProject Blueface.IE[new to me]

Quick Start PCBoost

Search GoogleDektop GoogleEarth

Here`s my un-exciting additions to your list -

Browser Firefox/Opera

Anti-virus - AVG, Online scanner - Trend Micro

Firewall - ZoneAlarm,Kerio or Sygate

Music - Winamp, mplayer2, Quicktime

Antispyware - Spybot search and destroy,Ad-aware,Ewido, Online scanner - Trend Micro

Clean up utility - CCleaner

Peddant, Thank you.

Yes thanks. Seems you agree with some of my choices. I have Spybot and use it now and again. Someone mentioned that AVG nailed way more malware that Spybot. That may have been true but I suspect Spybot can find bugs others may not depending on type.

Win some, lose some. TG

The distinction between viruses and spyware is a lot more blurred than it used to be,but AVG is still decribed as anti-virus,so don`t rely on it to deal with anything else.

Spybot and Ad-aware do tend to find different things to each other.

Ewido has a good record with keyloggers.

The point being,use several anti- spyware programs not just one.

TonyGuitar said:
play a lot of guitar
:grinthumb you should vote on my poll "Fender or Gibson". It's here:https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49567
It's tied at the moment, 8 votes each.
I use a pretty nifty anti virus program called a squared, but no-one ever mentions it here, dunno why, I think it's pretty good. I tried a guitar program called Guitar Pro 5 (for ultimate guitar tabs) but the trial period has ended now and it's quite expensive. I use VuePrint pro and Dell Paint Shop Photo Album 5 for pictures. I use iTunes for music mostly, dunno why people complain about it, except that it's totally incompatible with everything else. I use ccleaner as well. That's about it, except for games, e-mail and Techspot there's really not much more I use the computer for, but that's probably enough, I want to play guitar a lot too :D
EDIT: I forgot Bebo, but I've gone off that lately, it got boring. It's kind of like MySpace, for those who don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back