Inactive Program.exe - Bad Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tech Spot! I've been experiencing this issue with my laptop every time it boots up and whenever I try to execute any program installed on my laptop.
A dialog box always pops up stating this exact message all the time:

c:\progra~1\sshelp~1\psupport.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

so far it hasn't done anything critical yet or it hasn't blocked me off completely yet from using the laptop since I'm still able to access the programs only that the dialog box always pops up when I do so, and it's irritating, but I do know certainly that I'm dealing with some kind of virus or malware right now that's why I have this feeling that my laptop might no longer be secure to use due to infection. I use my laptop just for music, games and surfing. What I'm really worried about is what if the malware have managed to access my passwords for my online accounts and sent it to a hacker? I'm sorry if I'm a bit exaggerated here. :'(

Right now I just tried the eset online scanner and I got this for the result:
Win32/IRCbot.HMWVYEY trojan

Other than the eset online scanner I haven't used any AV programs but I do have Windows defender and I believe it comes with a firewall but the trojan still managed to infiltrate my computer.

I had the trojan on quarantine just in case I'll need it's info for submission, other than that no other malwares were found and I still have the infection on my computer.

Since then I have refrained from logging into my online accounts due to doubts about the infection and decided to seek professional assistance first from people like you guys.

I'll be willing to follow and perform all the tips you'll give me and I'll be very grateful if you would assist me in removing this malware on my laptop.
God Bless you and more power!

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back