Proper security mates...?

lpmjames

sounds weird i know ... heres the deal.. i have norton antivirus online and comodo firewall.. also i believe windows 7 has a firewall installed within... i cant tell really.. but my question is whats a good (affordable) security.. and how much is needed to be ok.. cause i am decently safe.. but i feel its at the exspense of my lost time.. any suggestions..

windows/7 firewall is just fine so unless you're a control freak like me and WANT to define the rules for yourself, forget Comodo and just use the system FW (btw: comodo is a great firewall).

Norton is x x x x; you'll get lots of comments on it.
I would go with Avast! as it is configurable and very effective - - even the freebe.
Second choice might be AVG

Now also ADD Spywareblaster and update your host file

and make sure you do not access the internet with the Admin-login

Some A/V products might impact downloads, but I've never seen a Firewall do that.
Comodo is a good product.

You can always disable Comodo & enable the Win FW to compare :)

disabled comodo for the past day or two since the last post... now after everything i feel less secure even though i have no issues (so it seems) but i feel like this because of the lack of notifications that comodo gives... i like that.. downloading is slightly effected but i think ima live with it.. the double firewall shouldnt be conflicting yea?

. the double firewall shouldnt be conflicting yea?
oops! Can ONLY run one FW and one A/V product. Running more that one not only slows the responsiveness, but can also interfer with the correct operation!

Back