PS2 undeletable corrupted data

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing Ratchet & Clank with my friends, and one of their feet caught a wire and jerked my ps2. WE kept playing, and when they left, I tried to play single player. Only thing is, it said there was no save data, enen though I was halfway through. I tried to save, but it wouldn't let me. I went to browser, and the data was there, next to some corrupted data. I tried several times, and I couldn't delete it. I tried another game, and it worked fine. I have a 16 mb Max memory card.

Hmm, I do not have a PS2 so I searched around as this seems like a rather simple problem...but it apparently does not have a simple solution (like an easy way to reformat). In some cases I read its just better buying a new memory card if you can't fix it :confused:.

I'll link what I found:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic29553.html
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psx2&message.id=1308087

Maybe someone with a PS2 and more knowledge can add something I didn't find. Good luck, if some of those posts don't help search around more :) .

15+ months have passed, and this problem is most certainly resolved or forgotten about...
You will need a working memory card to save the memory to the other card.
A reformat of the card will cause loss of the data, but will probably resolve the other problem.

hi, i need help to re-format my ps2 memory card, i've already delete some corrupted user the ps system, but there are still some corrupted file that i can't delete...

guys i have got tekken 5 from my ps2 i go to my memory card and i saw the corrupted data i check all my game datas and i see the tekken five in the menu to delete it red and all the others was black-blue.Ithink tekken 5 is the problem plz if enywon know aboyt this answer me!!

?

guys i have got tekken 5 from my ps2 i go to my memory card and i saw the corrupted data i check all my game datas and i see the tekken five in the menu to delete it red and all the others was black-blue.Ithink tekken 5 is the problem plz if enywon know aboyt this answer me!!

What did you say?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back