PSAPI.DLL error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapzkilla

When i turn on my computer, i get PSAPI.dll dynamic error. I also can not open IE7. When i tried to open IE7, it creates a short cut on my desktop. So far i have done the following...

Ran system restore
Ran Chkdsk
Replaced the PSAPI.dll file by renaming the old to .old in admin mode
Restarted computer with new updates

I feel it has something to do with IE7. Also my bitlord aplication will not open anymore.

Thanks

Thanks for teh reply but i already tried those exact steps, because i had come accross that website before. Lol I think its because my windows XP SP 3 is a modified version, thats why that fix refuses to nwork. even replacing dll wont work. I will just back up data and re-install the OS. This portion of my hard drive is only for having fun, so i will live lol. Oh i also contacted MS and they never heared of such an error ..

Thanks

To work around this error:
1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge (\Program
Files\Verizon...\Smart...)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system
The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory
and function normally.

When the user begins using IE7, a few machines with Verizon software are showing the errors you are seeing. the system ends up with multiple As mentioned. renaming some files or simply reinstalling the ISP software. may resolve it The words "Smartbridge alerts: MotiveSB.exe - Entry Point and PSAPIOLD.DLL are associated with this error, and the same thing can happen with SBC (now At&T).. We has a lot of questions about this when users began with IE7.

The system ends up with multiple copies of PSAPI.DLL. and that causes the problem. psapi.dll is a library file which provides support for process status. And you end up with too many of these and is causes a problem.

Bobbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back