"PSAPI.DLL" issue with AIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to start AIM, I get the message:

aim.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic ink library PSAPI.DLL

It suddenly started appearing about a week about, but AIM still functioned. Now, it appears when I attempt to log in, then shuts the program down right away. I have no clue would could have possibly caused this problem, and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This error for PSAPI.DLL has been the source of frequent questions since IE7 came out It is sometimes combined with the words 'Smart bridge alert'. That is non-essential software "diagnosis" software used by some ISPs when troubleshooting problems. Disable it unless you need it. Use the msconfig utility startup tab and click to UNCHECK this program. (It may appear as some part of this Smart Bridge Alerts MotiveSB)

St. Petersburg Tech Times:
"Smart Bridge is a network assistant program installed by some ISPs and the Internet Explorer 7 (beta). A known problem exist when there is more than one version of this file on the PC. Try this: Start> Search> search for PSAPI.DLL> Rename all but the one found in Windows."
From John Torro, Solutions

You rename all but the one found in Windows. Be sure you have downloaded and installed the full release of IE7, not a beta.

Take care of the above. And if there are specific problems related to AIM itself, see this:
http://www.aim.com/help_faq/common_problems.adp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back