PSU Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunzy19

Hi, I recently built a new Computer and after putting it together there is nothing showing up on the monitor. it reads Monitor in power save mode. I overlooked my Graphics card and PowerSupply. On the Graphics card it says Minimum requirements to be 350w PSU with a minimum of 20 amps on the +12 volt rail. On the PSU that i have ( came with the case) it reads Dual 500w and in the DC = max output section, that on +12v1 = 8A and under +12v2 = 14A. So unless you add these two together, I Wouldn't have enough Amps flowing to the Video Card, Causing the blank screen on the monitor, correct? Its from my understanding this is correct, and since they told me at the store that the PSU in the case would be good enough for the videocard, they should be able to replace the PSU or refund my money for the case, right?

Well most builders will tell you that psus that come with a case are garbage. They may promise such and such a wattage/power but often they woefully fail.

What is the make of thew case and especially what is the make of your psu?

Well most builders will tell you that psus that come with a case are garbage. They may promise such and such a wattage/power but often they woefully fail.

What is the make of thew case and especially what is the make of your psu?

What he said, Stock PSU's are complete garbage. When or if you choose to buy your new PSU, Confirm the max output is capable of running your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back