Psu problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO NOT OPEN YOUR POWER SUPPLY. Extremely dangerous unless you know what you are doing. PSUs fail quite often, especially cheap ones.

If yours is dead, you'll need to buy a new one. Get one from a reliable maker like FSP, Enermax, Antec etc. Good luck!

ok, do you know what your doing? i feel that it is a misconception that all power supply units are dangerous. the reason there is a lable is for lawsuit reasons. it is "possible" to be shocked(low v) almost immedietly after it is upluged by capacitors. i happen to know what i am doing as i have written over 150 schematics and had people with masters degrees look them over and said about 25% of them would work which is more then the us military can say about there circuit designs and they have an infinite budget my point is yes i in fact know what i am doing.

btw this one probably wasnt cheap. its very old atx 250watt suply
the comp has 13gigs
the comp runs win 98

that is why i think that it just might be old.

Lol :haha:

Well that is pretty cheap ;)

If you want a quality PSU that wont fail on you get this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002

It has 700w and could hold almost anything you throw at it ( If you get a DX10 system get a 850w+ because 8800s needs a good PSU to hold it )

ok, do you know what your doing?

That's pretty rude, You should be happy that we are atleast helping you... We could have not even respond to your thread, but since you're so smart with computers you could fix it

lehsstudent said:
the comp has 13gigs
the comp runs win 98

that is why i think that it just might be old.

What is the brand? First open it and look for obvious signs of damage (ie: burn marks, bulging/leeking capacitors, blown fuses, loose wires, etc.) If the problem is bulging/leeking capacitors or fried components It is probably best to replace the PSU. If it is a simple blown fuse or loose/disconected wire it can be easily fixed. If you do replace it get a PSU from one of the following brands: Antec(avoid smartpower series),FSP, PC Power & Cooling (the best PSUs out there but a little expensive.), or Enermax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back