Putting togather new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,I just got my computer put togather, but i dont have time to list specs, for some reason when i turn it on everything starts running except the screen goes into standby like it has power but isnt hooked up to the comp, ive tryed messing with the video card but no luck, my card is a nivida and is in a pci slot, theres another brown slot, maybe for a video card, but does this mean i need to get a video card that will go in there? also I think it could be the power becase when the monitor is hooked up to the computer and the power is pulled from it, the light turns green on it like its working, ive tried a few screens but they dont work, even lcd is same results, if anyone know what my problem is plz help me!

Thanks for your time

Um, you may want to check your connections. Can you tell me the full specs of your system and the configuration?

Er, if you don't know what an AGP slot is maybe you shouldn't build a computer :D

But, try a different video card. Sometimes that is the problem when there's a blank screen.

Originally posted by SubKamran
Er, if you don't know what an AGP slot is maybe you shouldn't build a computer :D

LOL, word. :rolleyes:

No but really, we're here to help you out, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Let us know what's going on and we'll try to help you set it up.

Is your ram one or two sticks? Try one at a time to see if you've got a bad stick. Any post error beeps at all? You've put the CPU in, right? ;)

Seriously, if you get no post beeps and you've eliminated memory error, it could be cpu or motherboard. See if you can get us some more specs.

The beeps should come from the comp itself right? i dont need speakers? Ive restarted a couple times but no beeps

go into the bios and make sure the AGP video is disabled and the PCI video card is enabled if that's an option.

Ya that sounds like it would help, i dont need the comp to turn on to do that do i? because my orginal problem kinda kills that option, im not really at my comp ( its at my moms) so not much i can do now

Yes. But as you can't even see the picture I don't think that'll help ;)

Hmmmm. I got blank video (my monitor went into standby, nothing happened) when I first installed my Radeon 9800 Pro. I unclocked my CPU to default settings and then it turned on.

Also, who put together your computer? Did you? If you did, I imagine you researched a little before, right? Because if you just randomly bought stuff that you thought would work...well...that could be the problem.

But hey, no worries. I built my first comp when I was 13 (I'm 16 right now, building a new comp to replace the old one) ;) It's all trial and error, just takes a little bit of research.

well, if his vid card is pci i'll assume that there is an onboard video card, which can be used to see the screen to access the bios. go in and disable onboard vid. and set up a pci vid card in the bios if theres a setting for it.

i had issues with which pci slot the video card was actually in. when i was playing with dual monitors some video cards only worked in some pci slots but not in others. i imagine it could have been the combination of cards, but heck try other slots it might make the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back