Q: How to manage 'invitations'?

D

DelJo63

I see some under Notifications but find no means to decline and thus they just accumulatge. Any suggestions?

Yeah, it's not too intuitive. If you go to the invite page you should have the ability to click a check box on the specific invite (whether that's a friend, group etc.) Below the invites you'll see the ability to select "accept" or "reject" (the former is selected by default). Then you click "save changes" on the right. I had Shawn send me a friend invite to show you what you should be looking for:

attachment.php

Attachments

• invite.jpg
    invite.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 19
yea, knew that - - this is a Group invitation w/o such controls as I see it.

If you click the Customizers Corner link you should see "Join Group | Decline Invitations" on the top right of the next page (just search the page for the words if you don't see them -- it's small text).

It isn't all that easy to find, at least for me. At the top of the page when in Forums, click on Quick Links. Find Social Groups in the dropdown menu. Maybe there is an easier way but this is what I found.

When you have clicked on the "Forums" tab at the top of a TechSpot page, you should see it. If not, try hovering the cursor on the Forums tab to bring up the sub-tabs. Quick Links should be one of them.

If not, maybe there is an issue with your browser. It works with Firefox 7.01 and IE 9. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

Back