Q6600, ASRock 1600SLI install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've installed my Intel Q6600 in the ASRock Penryn 1600SLI/110dB motherboard, connected the connectors, installed some memory, added a harddisk and installed the ASUS EAD3650 graphics controller. But when I startup the machine nothing happens. The fan blows and I can hear the harddisk spinning but nothing else. The monitor I connected to the graphics card stays black, not even showing a sign that a signal is received. As far as I can tell, all connectors are connected the correct way and even when I disconnect/remove all but power and power switch, I still only get running fans. The fact hat the fan runs suggests to me that the power is installed in the correct way. I am puzzled by the fact that nothing is shown on the screen nor any beep is produced by the motherboard.
I'm starting to suspect the processor is a DOA but that is difficult to imagine. Any suggestions?

Hi, tnx for your suggestion. I removed the motherboard from the case, installed CPU, memory and graphics but still no go. Fan's start running but there's nothing else happening.
Toine

Update. I've validated the processor by putting it in another motherboard and it worked perfectly. I've still got the same problem though. What are the minimum components required to start a motherboard? Power, memory and a keyboard to check for the lights?

CPU's (processors) as a general rule, do not fail easily, and are one of the last things to be checked by experienced technicians. One of the most common mistakes producing this problem is improper or incomplete wireing to or from the power supply. You have ruled out the motherboard shorting to the case. After trying the video card in another computer as Zenosincks suggests, the motherboard should be replaced next

How did you solve your problem ? I am asking because I have exact same problem on my machine after 4 months of using this mainboard .

my setup is Q6600 , 8800 GT, 2 disks , Apacer golden ddr2 4gb kit , 2x (320gb + 750 GB samsung disk , corsair 520 HX ) ...no overlock.

Everything was working normaly till two days ago when I came back from work and after I start the pc nothing happen ... I mean not nothing but just as you said ..... I hear hardisks are starting, fan on cpu , fan on gpu is working , and memories seems to be ok also .

So far I tried : change the gpu for old 7600gt ( no change )
using different slots for memory
checking cpu .

I have noticed two things however after 3 minutes (or so) passive on MB starts to be really hot .
There is no pip tone after pc start .
I also took out the battery but still nothing helped is there a way how to solve this problem ?

"I have noticed two things however after 3 minutes (or so) passive on MB starts to be really hot"...

Do you mean passive heatsinks? If so, your motherboard is fried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back