Qmgr??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed msn messenger 5.0 and a file called qmgr.inf is in the windows temp directory,when i delete it msn will not work.I have a program called supercleaner to clean my temp directory etc and i went to excluse that file from being picked up and deleted but it still comes up.I dunno why this file is here it never use to show up with earlier versions.I kept loadqm from starting up at the first like alot of people do,loadqm being the file that always starts up after u install messenger and does like nohing i know of and it still works like every version use to after u keep it from booting up.But this stupid little file is pissin me off b/c it has to be there for it to work for some reason and it never use to do this before, Can anyone else see if messenger will cease to work for them if this file is not there?? Can anyone help me out here?

More over, I just installed Zone alarm.
The firewall reports Qmgr is trying to access the internet.
What is this program doing?

yeah, hehe

a/3 just a brussels sprout:D .............i deleted msmgs........q/2 allow zone alarm to access.........if you want it.................and , for the first question........5.0 for 98/me?...............check your os to see you didn't f up :rolleyes:

JSR please stop doing drugs of whatever

your posts are REALLY getting very annoying to read, try to post as everyone else !!

didn't really get your point about brussels ..

because you are from belgium

listen alex........"brussels sprouts" is a vegetable................and "hear say" is something you've overheard as possibly true, but can't confirm.............the first was a "joke", just to loosen you up, and maybe even laugh.......and the second staement is another "explanation".........but, if you europeans want to get "annoyed"......with someone who isn't quite like you "thank God"..............then, maybe you should do some drugs........i'm tired of someone like you getting your panties in a bunch.......forget i tried to help....:thefinger

Excellent reply JSR! I was actually able to grasp your ideas without my head exploding and you managed to write more than 3 words without........................But still too many...................

yessum

no matter what alex thinx.......that i'm a druglord from the bronx.....hehe;)

storm

you are right.......people around here get easily annoyed.......but, he didn't give his os.......i suggested it may be a compatibilty issue

starting MSN browser (the Butterfry) automatically attemps to reinstall/installs messenger (even if its been removed and even though you may get a request to repair msg because u removed it...either way its now on working or not). Inturn loading qmgr into start-up.
It will go away by removing from start up, but wil reinstall (All) in startup when the Butterfly is click on again. So if you don't want the total package then dont start MSN browser once you have remove qmgr and Messenger. there are plenty of post for that.
personnaly don't like but its my wifes fav and it is for the novice.
it is managable with 3rd party software (ie zdnet)....hope that helps...

those that can not get it done should not interfere with those that can.........

Here is information as to what exactly Qmgr is :

Qmgr

Seems it's a sort of spyware. Do yourself a big favour and get Trillian. You can connect to MSN, ICQ, YAHOO, AOL, and IRC all at the same time and speak to ppl who use a particular IM at the same time. The free version's GUI looks decent, but the PRO version loooks very nice.

Heres a review of the software at CNET :

Trillian Pro review

why is my post gone?? i posted something that was a comment to what JSR had wrote. and now it is gone. this has happened twice now. would the moderator of this board please reply, and let me know why he or she is taking it off!!...if it stays this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back