Question about a job interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerabuser30

This Friday I have an interview for an it job that requires a basic knowledge test. This is what I know: I need to make a computer that will not turn on work, have it boot to windows than connect it to a network printer and print a test page. All I was told is that the hardware is in working condition. I am guessing all of the wires are disconnected inside but that is easy. Is there any oddball things that might be thrown at me? Or anything I should specifically look for? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mobo

make sure the mobo is grounded...

check the voltage selctor on the back of the PSU

look for broken connections and missing pins/frayed or damaged cables.

Are all the fans spinning?

If you deserve to pass their test, you'll pass it. No worries...

Good Luck!
Wayne

i would say if you are in this forum asking a question like that, then you probably have no buisness applying for that job, but yeah, i agree with conner...

Cirion said:
i would say if you are in this forum asking a question like that, then you probably have no buisness applying for that job

I have to agree with cirion, if u dont know how to do basic stuff then u r gonna have a hard time at that job, but check the cables on the back of the printer, or if wireless check the adapter if it has a ethernet cable, be sure the "functioning" lights are responding correctly

if its only on hardware, than no... its the most basic of the basics. all your troubleshooting is no post? no problem. This is even easier than the hardare portion of the A+ test, and a trained monkey could pass that... no worries, just go for it. All I can say is check for some things like what I mentioned earlier if everything looks fine and it still wont post... remember that if there is no power, you need to start with the PSU, etc... if you'r applying for a PC technician job, you really should know this stuff already... Its kinda like applying for a job as an accountant because you know how to balance your checkbook...

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back