Question about google toolbar with an Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

Hello people, I've recently gone back to using IE 6, after using IE7. I noticed that IE7 could allow you add any search engine as a toolbar. I want to do exactly that, using google.co.uk but I don't want all the extras that the official google toolbar gives you. Anyone have any ideas?

If you simply want a Google search bar but no Google toolbar, then IE7 is the choice. You select which search engine you want in the upper right hand corner. If you want the complete toolbar, you load it from Google or browse the add-ons. Perhaps I misunderstand your problem.

You see that's what I liked about IE7, along with tabs. But I had problems viewing some pages with IE7 so I restored the older version and consequently wanted to see if was possible to get one of the benefits of the new version without some new difficulties:D I don't think I can do it now. I've got enough antispyware and anti pop-up software. I don't really need google's extras:D

With random websites, if you wanted to look at an image in HD, only half an image would show for example. Also, an important cookie for one website that I used, could never be stored, and consequently I'd be logged out of the website, after the login page. This is even after I'd added the website to all safelists etc. They were pretty minor problems, though a little irritating. To be honest, I may of had a virus. I had problems with cookies not storing themselves, from other websites aswell. However, I have in the past couple of days restored my PC to factory-shipped condition. So the cookie problem has probably/definately gone now. The image-loading program, not sure though. I using IE 6 at the moment, and just really want a SIMPLE:D google-search bar, but I don't think there is one. Ah well, I could use Firefox I guess.

When the Google Toolbar is on a system, there is a button named Settings- click on that then "Options"> that will give you the three tabs with contents you can choose to have on the Toolbar. They are Features, Buttons & More. Look through these. If there are any default settings already checked that you do not want on your Toolbar, just click to uncheck that option. When finished> Apply> OK.

You can choose only the Google Search if you want, but there are a few other features you might consider like Auto-Fill and the Spell Checker.

Thanks for that, that's exactly what I wanted to hear:D I just want a simple search bar. I use Roboform so although there may be other options to use, the ability to hide them is handy. I can use them, but don't necessarily have to. Thanks for the heads up there:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back