Question about my case

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i am building my first computer, and ran into a little issue. I read that you should install brass risers on your case, and then put your motherboard on top of them. My case has little bumped up places, that line up perfectly with my motherboard screws. And my case only came with 3 risers, that make it compatable with micro atx motherboards. do i need plastic risers? or are those bumped up ones the correct ones? sorry if this doesnt make much sense, and thanks in advance!

The risers are a much better choice... and usually very inexpensive... $5.00 to $10 at most where I live. They better protect the system board, and they also allow a bit better air flow for cooling... as well as adding a good measure of stability to the board.

Some cases have those built in bumps that are used instead of separate standoffs. They should raise your motherboard from the surface of the motherboard tray by the same amount as if you used brass standoffs from a flat surface. Just use them in place of "normal" standoffs. If any mounting holes in the motherboard don't match up with a corresponding bump then you would use a regular standoff there. Your I/0 panel should line up just right if those are the type of bumps I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back