Question about SLI if I may please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cris

Hi guys,

Ive built a new PC, I have got a Asus EN7600gt running at the moment,I am very happy with it.

? If i want to run SLI,do i have to get the same card.

I didn't have the cash to blow at the time for two cards now Ive got the cash
where ready to spend free.

I yeah buy the way Windows Vista is an absolute waste of money!
Dont Buy it unless you got money to burn,I cant believe the price MS is asking
Windows xp pro is the champ!
Give it a couple of years before even thinking about Vista, let all those Guroo's
at MS iron out all the bugs and compatability problems.

for SLI to work, you need two cards that are identical. this means the same brand, model, revision, and firmware.

Good luck cris, Also with SLI you'll need a SLI bridge that you could either buy from Newegg or it comes with your Mobo / Videocard, If you buy it seperately then make sure it's the size ( distance from each other ) of the 2 PCI-e slots you have ;)

If you have any questions then you know where to ask! :D

zephead said:
for SLI to work, you need two cards that are identical. this means the same brand, model, revision, and firmware.

Are you sure they need to be the same brand? As far as I know they just need to have the same graphics processor and memory.

OH!
So what your saying Boogityboo04,If i bought a en7800gtx or the en7950gtx and altered the clock speed to suit the en7600gt this would work.

I wouild have to make sure that the bridge will match thouigh like TimeparadoX was saying

Don't take the chance. From what I've read and heard first hand, they have to be IDENTICAL cards; i.e., manufacturer, model and firmware.

cris said:
OH!
So what your saying Boogityboo04,If i bought a en7800gtx or the en7950gtx and altered the clock speed to suit the en7600gt this would work.

I wouild have to make sure that the bridge will match thouigh like TimeparadoX was saying
No, what I'm saying is that if you bought a EVGA 7600GT and a Safire 7600GT you could use them together.

EDIT: Anyway, why would you want to use a 7800GTX with a 7600GT? It would be a waste of money.

Boogityboo04 said:
Are you sure they need to be the same brand? As far as I know they just need to have the same graphics processor and memory.

You're correct, as long as they have the same GPU and memory size, they should work regardless of brand.

I was just throwing that in for good measure Boogityboo04,wondering if it would work.I think ill stay with the same card just to be on the safe side.
It's just that some other cards are cheeper in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back