Question about the game Fear, and possibly others

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father recently bought a fear pack including the game and two expansions. He installed it and when you load the game up everything appears black besides a few things like the screens in the game. The player models seem to be like "shadows". I tried helping him but my knowledge is limited. I thought it may have something to do with the graphics card, radeon 9200 series. So I tried some things but it didnt do anything. What should I do? I even updated the driver.

Well, I believe Acclamator is right, your card is far not powerful enough. We could reccomend one if you told us what kind of power supply you have, and whether your slots are AGP,PCI, or PCI-E.

well, he had it installed previously and it worked fine. This started happening when he un-installed the original game and installed the special game disk that had the expansion pack on it. So in other words it worked previously but not any longer since reinstalling the dvd disk format of the game.

What about if you force DX8 Shaders? He should be able to play it, i've played it fine on an integrated X200. If everyone knew your other specs it would be a great help.

It may have been the expansion. Try playing the original Fear again. If it works, great. If not, then try cleaning the computers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back