Question about USB keyboards with multiple extra key functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

treeski

Hey everyone,
I have a keyboard (Razer Tarantula) that plugs in via USB. The primary problem I have is that during boot up, my computer does not recognize the keyboard. I believe this is because it plugs in via USB (correct me if I'm wrong). If this is the case, in order for my computer to recognize it, I think I would need to buy an adapter so that I can plug it into the traditional keyboard socket (I forget what it's called).

If I buy/use an adapter, will that have any effect on the functionality of the extra/programmable keys.

Thanks for any insight!

Do you mean your computer doesn't recognize USB until the Windows is running?

If that's the case, then you need to check your BIOS settings. There should be an option to enable USB Legacy Support. This tells your BIOS to support USB until Windows starts.

Now you have the chicken/egg situation as you need to get to the BIOS to change the setting! So either buy an adapter (still useful to have for a couple bucks) or borrow a non-USB keyboard so you can change the setting

Great, thanks for the help. I'm living in a dorm at the moment, so I'm sure I can find somebody with a non-USB keyboard.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back