Quiet psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelvis

Im a noob when it comes to psu's, they're just not my strong point.
Im getting a new case soon which is for the main reason of making my pc very quiet.
Basic specs so you know how much power I need.
Asus A8n-e (non sli)
6600gt 128mb with vanteq iceberq 5 fan
amd 3500+
soundcard
160gb hard drive
exhaust fan
2 disc drives
expansion usb card
firewire card

Currently have a 400 or 420 watt psu (cant remember and its unbranded i think). Basically its too loud. I need something quiet that wont cost more than £60.
Im thinking the q-technology 400watt which is £60. Originally looked at the antec neo he 430watt but that seems to be very problamatic.

Any suggestions???????

Thanks

Enermax Noisetakers are the quietest ones I've ever had expierence with. But they aren't real cheap. But a PSU is one component where for the most part you do get what you pay for.

Im from the UK so newegg would be no good for me.
As for enermax Ive read some good stuff on them.
Which enermax is it you have? The noistaker or noisetaker 2. I've noticed theres support for atx 2.2 and things whatever that is.
Would the enermax noistetaker 420watt be suitable?

I have the Noisetaker 470W and the Noisetaker II 485W, both are incredibly quiet. I think I like the Noisetaker better than the II but don't have any rational reason, perhaps just because I've owned the Noisetaker longer than the II. The 420W would probably be fine for everything except a SLI system with powerful vid cards and multiple 10,000rpm hds in some RAID array.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back