Radeon 9600pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowman

what are the best drivers for this card? or should i just stick with the ones that came on the install cd?

I am running the Catalyst 3.10's on three different radeon cards 9500 Pro, 9800 Non Pro, and 9800 Pro and they are working well.

The best drivers for the card are the ones that work for you.
Certain chipsets-configurations can have varied effects on drivers, so find one that works for you.

I had problems with all drivers after 4.6 but i must admit the latest 3.10 seems to be stable.

I just go to ATi web site and download the latest drivers for my operating system. I never had any problems with the drivers from ATi ALL-In Wonder 9600 Pro using Windows 2000 Pro!

Good Luck!

i have a nvidia card now. and before i put the ati card in im going to need to remove the nvidia display drivers, but they are not listed in my add/remove programs list. only the nforce drivers are. should i just remove them and install them after the ati drivers?

No...

You'll have to use a third party program to get rid of the old detonators....
Detonator Destroyer is one such, which seems to be recommended quite often...
I haven't tried it myself, since I've never had a nVidia based card...

(You can also get the det-destroyers here...

After running that, restart, install a standard VGA adapter. Restart and install ATI drivers...

That way there shouldnt' be any truoble at all :)

Good Luck

Originally posted by snowman
where do i find drivers for that?

They're a standard part of your operating system.......they're the base default drivers when the o/s can't find any others. Force it to VGA and then follow Mr. G's lead.

ati 9700 aiw

i am using ati's all in wonder 9700pro.
my system is win xp pro.
the catalyst i am using is ver3.1 but i see there is a version 4 available.
the system is working ok after i re-installed win xp.
should i update to the version 4,
i have had trouble with the program in the past whenever i uninstall some programs
,eg nero5.
thx mfm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back