Radeon 9800XT Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

natakurave

is it suppose to move all the time or at certain times? It's not moving at all in noticed when i removed my side panel today.

I am pretty sure that your fan should be spinning AT ALL TIMES.

Wait for one more opinion. I usually don't like to answer unless I am 100% sure, but as you are possibly at risk of permanent damage, I thought I'd go ahead and offer an opinion.

Stop using it right away.

I cleaned out my whole tower today and took out my video card, it seemed to spin fine with my finger >< but anyways I cleaned out the whole thing with some compressed air.

I put it back in, carefully, and inserted the 4 pin wire thing back in, the same one that was in there in the first place, made 100% sure it was in and in good. but sadly it still wont spin. Is it possible because i have too many junks connected?

I have, 4 fans going, 2 harddrives, 2 drives, 500w supply

but anyways, on the Zalman site how do i know which ones would work with my card ><? or any of them would work? thanks a lot for the help so far!!

natakurave said:
but anyways, on the Zalman site how do i know which ones would work with my card ><? or any of them would work? thanks a lot for the help so far!!

Your PSU should be plenty, assuming it is from a decent maker. I do not think this is related to your problem.

Anyways, as for the Zalman fans, click on "product view" for each, then follow the links to see the compatibility lists for each fan.

Thanks so much! I hope it will work when i install it seeing that I'm not sure if the fan itself ever worked, had it about almost for a year now. The product looks pretty good.

It is pretty easy to tell if your graphics card is overheating. You get artifacts on the screen while gaming within the first few minutes, and without a fan blowing, your card would most certainly overheat and quickly.

Actually, if I am not mistaken, the 9800XT does have a heat sensor on it. The 9800 pro doesn't (I know that for sure) but I believe the 9800XT does.

If you are wanting to check your temps, download and install this program:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/433-everest-home-edition.html

If I am right about your VGA having a heat sensor, you'll be able to see your temps using that software.

Highly unlikely that your card's fan has been broken for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back