Radeon TV-Out Issues (7-pin S-Video?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro with a 7-pin S-video jack on it. In an attemp to provide video output to my nice wide-screen teley, I ran down to RadioShack and purchased a 12' S-Video cabel and a S-video to video AV composite adapter. However when I hooked it all up and set up my video drivers I got no color (only black and white) and the picture had horizontal lines runing through it. After investigation I discovered the standard S-video cabel has only 4 pins. I beleive this to be the problem however could find little information on the issue. This guide was helpfull however it is very fauge regarding the 7-pin connector on the card.

What is this 7-pin stuff anyway? Is it something that is specified differently depending on the mfg; or is it another type of standarized s-video connector?

If I were to purchase on of these (7-pin S-Video Adapters by svideo.com) will this fix my problem? I think this would be the best solution if the 7-pin is not something that is standarized by ATI.

I also found this guy (Svideo to Composite Adapter); which I beleive will solve my problem, but limit the s-video output.

Any help regarding the issue would be greatly appriciated.

The S-Video connector on graphics card is way more precise and better than those on TVs. Hence the 7 pin.

Where i live i've never found a cable with so many pins, 5 at most, and i could never get any good things to show on the TV, it was all fuzzy, flickering and ugly.

Get that 7-pin cable, it should solve everything.

ATI videocards do only S-Video output.

Can your SVHS to composite adapter actually convert the signal or does it just connect the wires? If it is the latter then you will never get a colour picture.

If your TV has a SCART plug and it can accept S-Video input then you should get a S-Video to SCART cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back