HP D4100E
Motherboard A8AE-LE
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4Ghz
2gig DDR 400mhz
2 160GB Seagate Barricuda 7200 in Raid 0
nVidia GeForce 8500GT
650w Antec PSU
Windows XP Home Edition
**opened the case, appears to have a Promises Controller, FastTrak TX2300.

It shut down weird (not very helpful, I know lol) then when I restarted it, it said ntldr is missing. Wasn't sure what that meant, looked it up, still wasn't sure. Decided to just go ahead and reformat with my recovery disks.

Reformat gets to 95% then can't copy any windows/i386 files, so I tried to do a fresh install. Windows shows no HDD to install on (when I start the computer the fastbuild shows both HDDs as funtional) I have had no luck finding drivers for the raid setup.

When I try to fresh install xp pro it can't find any drives then shuts down and the error code it gives indicates bad Ram. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic, passed 7 regular tests and 1 extended test before I stopped it.

I have no idea at this point, my current idea is that if I can find the drivers for the Raid and put them on a floppy it may fix the problem, but then why does my recovery disk stop at 95%, I've deleted my array, rebuilt it and used the recovery disks before successfully.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kurt

Thanks for the posts, it ended up being the drivers for my controller, got them off Promise Technology's site. Up and running with 2 more GB of RAM on the way (ordered when I got the RAM error message, but before I did the diagnostic). Hey if it takes a pain in the keister reformat to get my wife to let me get some more RAM, I'll take it lol.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back