RAM Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritwik7

Hi everyone.

I have always noticed that people recommend memory modules of brands such as Corsair, OCZ, Mushkin, etc. I live in Calcutta, India and the availability of these modules is rare. I myself am using ordinary 2GB DDR3-1333 from Transcend. I found out the cost of Corsair having the same timings as my Transcend. Both are 9-9-9-24, but the Corsair costs twice as much. I would like to know what performance difference actually exists between these modules that justifies the price.

Also, should I change my present RAM and purchase the Corsair kit? I generally use my system for gaming.

Any help is much appreciated.

read my uipgrading ram guide in the guides forum before buying anything. Generally you won't notice much difference. Don't mix brands or types of ram if possible. Some motherboards are very picky about what types they will accept. Read the manual.

Thank you Tedster. But that was not exactly what I was asking. I wanted to know whether the price of a pair of Corsair RAM with the same timings as my Transcend should be twice as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back