Random and Frequent BSODs (Fresh Vista 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a new computer in and I have been recently getting a lot of BSODs. At times, I will be able to get a stable amount of time on the computer (a day or so). When it happens to restart after having that stable time, the computer may go back to the BSODs 5-6 times before I can have a stable computer again.

I was in the middle of Memtest when the computer crashed so I just wanted to get this up to see what you guys were able to pick out of my minidumps. A few specs below if it helps. Going to run Memtest in safe mode (although I have gotten crashes in safe mode too) while in class and hopefully come back to some sort of idea of what's going on. Thanks!

Running:
amd phenom x3 720
ati radeon 4870
asus m4a77td pro mobo
vista home premium (64 bit)
4gb(2x2) pc 1333 ddr3
avg 8.5 virus scan

Have you changed the settings?
64 bit VISTA is simply a lot more trouble when things are not working... So go back to fundamentals and a basic install to see if you can get it running in a stable mode.

I already did a re-install on my OS and it is still occurring. I tried setting up Memtest today and I have been interrupted by BSODs frequently. I updated my display drivers as well and the problem is still coming up.

Other than a Memtest, is there anything that I can troubleshoot to check for a solution. My computer was stable for a bit after both a reinstall and driver updates (at one point my Device Manager had a few out-of-date drivers on my devices) and yet the problem still persists. Was there anything in my Minidump attachment that you could make out? Or is there anymore information I can post to help resolve my BSODs?

Remove key items, and see what happens without them...
It is almost certainly some device or some driver connected to something listed in your Device Manager... If you are over clocking anything, go back to most normal setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back