Random Beeps...Is this a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK93

Hi,
My father has recently started having a problem with his computer after several years of using it. Whenever he uses his speakers (to listen to music, watch a video...so far anything that uses audio output), his computer starts randomly beeping. Sometimes 2 beeps, sometimes 3 beeps, about every 4-5 seconds. He's got an integrated sound card, FYI. If you need more system info, let me know..it's a homemade system, so I'm not sure exactly what's in it.

He thinks it's a virus, but none has turned up with a virus search. I'm going to suggest he re-install his audio drivers, but do you have any other ideas what might cause this and how to fix it.

Thanks,
John

Usually the beeps are error codes built into the motherboard system.. Go to the site of your computer, or the manufacturer of the motherboard used, and look up the beek codes. They vary from manufacturer, but will tell you what the motherboard & BIOS think the problem may be.
I don't know of viruses that create or cause the beeps. But it is very possible for beep errors to be caused by the damage they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back