Random BSoD messages at startup and randomly

lomlobon

For the last few months I have been having strange stop errors. First they only appeared a few minutes after I started my computer for the first time that day, with many different error codes. After a couple of months of trying different solutions, testing my RAM, installing drivers, flashing BIOS etc. I figured it might be one of my hard drives acting up, and I removed my oldest couple. Since then my computer has been working fine, but today I had two BSODs in a row, with "The video memory manager has encountered a fatal error" and "fltmgr.sys".

Some other random error codes I've encountered:
Memory management
Page fault in non paged area
Bad pool caller
Driver irql not less than or equal

Also, most of the times my BSOD error dump stops at 95, and claims to be completed, but I don't receive a minidump file like when it reaches 100. Sometimes it keeps retrying, and stopping at 95.

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD FX-8150 37 °C
Zambezi 32nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 970A-UD3 (CPU 1) 32 °C
Graphics
BenQ G2420HD (1920x1080@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (XFX Pine Group) 39 °C
Hard Drives
119GB M4-CT128M4SSD2 ATA Device (SSD)
932GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device (SATA) 38 °C
466GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AADS-00S9B0 ATA Device (SATA) 32 °C
Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB ATA Device
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

I'm attaching my dump files from since a few months ago.

Attachments

• SF_03-01-2015.zip
    411.3 KB · Views: 1
Both crystaldiskinfo and SSDlife claim that all my drives are 100% heallthy. Could it be my PSU? I forgot to mention, I have an XFX proseries core edition 550W. Maybe 1-2 added HDDs are too much?

So I disconnected my extra hard drives, and my computer run fine until today, where I got three BSoDs in a row. First one was a couple of minutes after startup, before I did anything, and the other two times the BSoDs happened while watching a stream and playing a game at the same time. This time I got dump files two times, but the third time the memory dump meter in the blue screen stopped at 95% and claimed to be complete. The given error was "Attempted to write read only memory", but with no responsible file. I run WhoCrashed and got this for the other two:

On Wed 2015-01-07 10:10:00 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61940, 0x771A6000, 0x81B0000068757800, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 2015-01-07 09:18:35 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010715-21278-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5003, 0xFFFFF70001080000, 0x214E, 0x215000004200)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Could it be faulty RAM, bad drivers, or a hard drive error? I have updated windows and all my drivers, checked my hard drives with both crystaldiskinfo, SSDlife and chkdsk. I tested my RAM a couple of passes, but I might do it for longer. Malwarebytes, MSE, TDSSkiller finds no problems, and I have cleaned my registry with cCleaner.

Thank you in advance.

Go ahead and download Memtest86 version 5.01 if you haven't done so already:
http://www.memtest.org/
Use the pre-complied iso zip file and burn it to a CD or DVD.Start the computer with this disk and let Memtest86 run for at least 7 passes. Any errors mean trouble.The power supply is still suspect at this point

Memtest86 reported errors after I left it on overnight, so I removed the RAM from slot 3 and tried again, with no problems found with the other stick. My system seems stable so far running of a single 4GB stick of RAM, with no crashes at least so far, so I assume that stick or the slot must have gone bad. I'll just have to test slot 3 when I decide to buy new RAM.
Many thanks for your assistance!

Good work! Do you have 4 memory slots total? If so, you might try filling all 4 slots when you have time

Normally you would either use 2 slots or 4... not 3. So either of your setups would be fine. I really don't think any of the slots are bad. The motherboard manual will show you the proper memory configurations

Oh yeah, with slot 3 I meant slot number 3, I use slot 1 and 3, because dual channel uses either slot 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 on my MOBO. I used only 2 slots of RAM.

That's good, so you may have a bad memory stick. Bad memory is much more common than a bad memory slot

Back