Random Lockups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennzie

I built my own computer recently.
I have a MSI P6NGM-L Motherboard. A Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 overclocked to 3.06ghz(3.04ghz in BIOS)
I have OCZ PC6400 Dual Channel Platinum 2GB Kit Memory. Clocked to 667mhz instead of 800mhz to be compatible with my motherboard. Runs Single Channel.
I have a 450 watt power supply which looks to be very generic as it came with my Power Up! Case.
I have a EVGA Geforce 7300 GT 256MB GDDR2 overclocked to 450 Core/394(788) memory.
However at random times it just freezes up and I have to reset it.
I thought maaybe it was the memory voltage since that's all I seem to be able to change in my bios? It's default is 1.90, i tried it so far at 1.85 and the default 1.90. I thought since i'm not running it at full speed it maybe needs lower voltage?
Anyway not sure why my PC is locking up sometimes. Kind of annoying, doesn't happen alot but with a new PC I shouldn't have any such problems?
What could be wrong?
Just to add it seems everytime it locks up it's when i'm doing something light, like using Firefox or starting a program. Never seems to happen when I am playing a game or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back