Random restarts in Win XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarno

As I wrote to section 'OS & Software\Windows OS' I have problems with random restarts in Windows XP SP2. Sometimes (once or twice a week) there is random restart without BSOD, system simply restarts without. After restart I get information "System has recovered from a serious error".
It is on new PC with Intel E6600, MB Asus P5W DH, 2GB RAM, Seagate 7200.10 320 GB, VGA MSI X1600 XT and the problems last from october.
I went through Memtest without problems, checkdisk without problems, there were just some bad indexes on disk. I made BIOS update but problems are still here.
There are some minidumps files from last crashes in thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic68501.html, please could anyone go through these files? I would like to know where is the problem. Could it be some kind of infection?

Thank you.

Please read this thread and post fresh HJT and AVG logs as attachments into this thread. Then we can see whether it's an infection or not.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of jarno only. Please don't posts your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

There are results of HJT and AVG in attachments. I think the results are OK. Could anyone have a look at the files?

:)

Sorry for not replying sooner.

I don't think your problem is with malware. There is one thing in your HJT log that needs cleaning, though. Have HJT fix this:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

Search your system for alcmtr.exe and delete all instances found.

All that's in your AVG log is tracking cookies. These can be cleaned up by running Ad-aware, which I strongly suggest you do.

This thread is for the use of jarno only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

kitty500cat said:
Sorry for not replying sooner.

I don't think your problem is with malware. There is one thing in your HJT log that needs cleaning, though. Have HJT fix this:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

Search your system for alcmtr.exe and delete all instances found.

All that's in your AVG log is tracking cookies. These can be cleaned up by running Ad-aware, which I strongly suggest you do.

This thread is for the use of jarno only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

Thank you. I deleted the file ALCMTR.EXE. So it seems to be hardware problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back