Random restarts, no BSOD

Hi, everytime I try to play a game or something, my computer will just restart without producing a BSOD. my specs are

Intel i7-4770K 3.5GHz
GTX 780 ACX cooler
Corsair CX 750W PSU
MSI z87-G45 MOBO
Cosair H100i liquid PCU cooler

from my basic knowledge of computers, I think because there is no BSOD being produced, that my problem is strictly power related. What I dont know is what power issues can cause a BSOD and which cant. Since my computer never BSOD's I think it could be the power outlet I was using. every once in a awhile I am able to play games for an hour, but those are rare occasions. Most of the time, within a minute of starting a game, the computer restarts. Could it just be the power outlet that is bad? I sure hope it is cause I just built this PC and it was not cheap.

If you suspect that it was the power supply (outlet) causing problem, why don't you tried replacing it? See if the problem can be solved this way out.

In different case, the problem could also be surfaced by outdated video graphics driver(I know you've built it recently but manufacturers use to release updates more frequently). I'd also recommend to double check your system and make sure that everything has been updated to its latest.

Post back if the problem keeps coming!!

Everything is up to date and I tried using a different outlet and it seemed to fix the problem even when running benchmarks. I tried again this morning and it restarted when I was running 3Dmark. I am starting to lean back towards a PSU problem. I have double checked and triple checked for updates.

I just grabbed a battery backup from the garage. Hopefully that works, if not then I know I have a faulty power supply.

You can try to use WhoCrashed, it is a utility application used to point out what specific hardware in your system was causing random restarts.

I just grabbed a battery backup from the garage. Hopefully that works, if not then I know I have a faulty power supply.

I'm also suspecting that there might be some CPU overheating issues. Some experts from hardware domain will soon catch the thread and helps you further.

Alternatively, you can rely on the battery backup as soon as no problem comes out again.

Best!!

You can view the BSOD of the pc,,if you uncheck the settings in system properties at startup and recovery automatically restart..that's the time your pc will view BSOD, if you didn't uncheck it, your pc will automatically start with no errors, it's just keep on restarting...

Back