Razer ManO'War 7.1 Wired Headset Review

I have a Wireless one. Biggest problem of this headset is that the headband is too thick and not padded at the edges, turning the headset really unconfortable when using it in only one ear. When talking to someone you have to take out the headset or bear with the edges of the headband hurting your head, specialy if you are bald like me.

It is really bothersome that when handling it, you have the impression that it will break at the lightest turn or twist. The central part of the headband really seems pronable to break.

The sound quality is really fine for a gaming headset in this price range.

Bought it only because I got a really awesome deal in a used unit here in Brazil and was in need of a wireless headset with a small instalation footprint (tiny little usb dongle). Beyond that, I have a Turtle Beach PX4 and two Kingston HyperX Cloud at home (wife have one too), and they are both far more confortable and far better build, specialy the latter model.

If you don't need a so small dongle, better to go with the Logitech Artemis Wireless. If you don't need a small dongle at all, go for the ones like the Steelseries Siberia 800 Wireless. If you don't need wireless at all, don't even look at its wired option. Not worthy the price and there are far better options, unless you are a Razer Head.

OK, being a bit cynical here but so many of the kids here today are no different than we were in the 60's. They are already into hearing loss so I have to say I doubt many can really detect the difference in most of these so called "premium" head sets .... unless of course you consider the price ......

TL;DR just get a pair of good normal stereo headphones (sennheiser maybe) and a clip-on mic or a bigger one on your desk and you'll have a much better experience. Gaming headsets are just way too overpriced.

TL;DR just get a pair of good normal stereo headphones (sennheiser maybe) and a clip-on mic or a bigger one on your desk and you'll have a much better experience. Gaming headsets are just way too overpriced.

Totally agree. When I first started getting serious about headphones I got one of those surround sound gaming headsets I think it was a Titan and the sound did not impress me.

I got a Audio Technica Ath-700 AD and its been audio bliss ever since with the fourteen or so headphones I have brought over the years.

One of the most balanced headphones I have heard are the Audio Technica Ath M50 X which is fantastic for everything but I still love the sound of my Sennheiser HD 650 and Ultrasone HFI-780.

OK, being a bit cynical here but so many of the kids here today are no different than we were in the 60's. They are already into hearing loss so I have to say I doubt many can really detect the difference in most of these so called "premium" head sets .... unless of course you consider the price ......
"premium headsets" are still average or maybe a bit above average in terms of audio.
if you want to truly hear a difference you need not only a good pair of headphones, but also a good DAC/amp for it. it completely changes the sound.

Back