Razer's Viper Mini Signature Edition is jaw-droppingly gorgeous (and expensive)

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Razer has announced its lightest wireless performance gaming mouse to date. The Razer Viper Mini Signature Edition is powered by a Focus Pro 30K (30,000 DPI) optical sensor and uses Razer's own gen-3 optical mouse switches which are rated for 90 million clicks.

With the new pointer, said Barrie Ooi, Head of Razer's PC gaming division, the company went beyond their usual design process to consider alternative materials and industrial designs. They settled on a magnesium alloy exoskeleton chassis modeled after the popular Viper Mini.

Razer said the use of injection-molding techniques allowed for additional weight reduction without compromising durability or comfort. During manufacturing, the exoskeleton is polished and undergoes a passivation process to help it resist corrosion before getting a coat of paint.

It also comes equipped with HyperPolling wireless with true 4,000 Hz polling rates, support for up to 750 inches per second tracking speed, and can be charged fully in less than 90 minutes thanks to its 2C charging rate. Speaking of, battery life is rated at up to 60 hours with HyperSpeed wireless.

Other notables include a right-handed design and five programmable buttons with onboard memory. The scroll wheel does not tilt and you will not find RGB lighting here. The latter is probably for the best as it already looks stunning.

All told, the mouse tips the scales at just 49 grams (about 1.73 ounces) without the charging cable and measures 119 mm (length) x 62 mm (width) x 39 mm (height). For those keeping score, that is 12 grams lighter than the standard Viper Mini.

The Viper Mini Signature Edition comes with a pre-paired HyperPolling dongle, a set of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 mouse feet, two mouse grip tape sets, two alcohol prep pads and a microfiber cleaning cloth, plus a six-foot Speedflex Type-C cable for charging and wired use. Your purchase additionally comes backed by a three-year extended warranty.

Pricing is set at $279.99 with availability slated for February 11 exclusively on Razer's website.

Permalink to story.

$279.99 ?

Hahahahhahhaha

I bought a Deathadder v2 Pro, a regular Deathadder V2 and a Deathadder V2 mini, all 3 for $105 when they were on sale

I got tired of replacing Logitech mice due to failing mechanical switches (5 failures in 3 years)

Optical is way to go

Last edited:
Another stupidity. Only morons would come up with a perforated mouse design. It will be quickly gathering dust and exfoliate palm skin inside, without being able to clean in out. Then it will grow bacteria and stink from skin + sweat from your hands, and become a biohazard.

Any good mouse design MUST provide for easy cleaning, to keep dirt and bacteria out.

I have had a ton of different gaming mice and some well over $150. Glorious model D ran me about $69 and it's by far the best mouse I have used overall.
$280 for a mouse.....uh no.

Every Razer mouse I ever bough eventually died or stopped tracking properly, and I kept giving them chances for some stupid reason as I went through at least 4 if not 5 over the years, they're headsets aren't much better, only thing I've had success with is their Blackwidow keyboards, both my OG blue backlit with MX switches and Chroma with their knock off MX switches work fine to this day, still use the Chroma daily even, the knock off switch don't even bother me.

I got tired of replacing Logitech mice due to failing mechanical switches (5 failures in 3 years)

Optical is way to go
I can't deny this as friends of mine have had the same issues, I think I got the golden samples as both my G502s are still working fine, my wife's G Pro is fine too, I had some intermittent clicking issues on my G502 SE but hammer clicking it took care of that and its been fine since.

I'll stick with my G600. 5 years of extensive daily use, and I finally replaced one of the switches last month. Razer is just Apple for gamers, but somehow worse.

Razer has always been about overpriced trash. For the same price of a Razer's product, you can get a more reliable, premium product from another maker.

I had bought 3 Razer mice in the past and each of them had a problem or died within 3 months. And yeah, I was a sucker back then, thinking the most expensive must be the best.

Whatever from Razer - be it mouse, headphones or gamepads or laptops, they think their products deserve the absurd obscenely expensive price they ask for. Deserve, my foot.

This Singapore-based company have been making daylight robbery from consumers. (Don't worry, I come from the same region, but I don't support overblown, overpriced trends.) I guess clever marketing is good enough to attract suckers.

I have been sticking to Logitech peripherals since the DOS, ball-mouse days. And they never failed me. (Even though my friend had some hiccups with them.)

Last edited:
I have owned the viper mini for almost 3 years now and I really love this mouse, I was really hoping for a wireless version, with a good price, but I'll pass on this one, mine is still rock solid.

I have never liked Razers aesthetics and felt their peripherals build quality was sub-par for the price, but this is sick. Full featured, fully legit high end peripheral. If they made a clear version, it would be what I would wanna pair with something like the FinalMouse Centerpiece.

Another stupidity. Only morons would come up with a perforated mouse design. It will be quickly gathering dust and exfoliate palm skin inside, without being able to clean in out. Then it will grow bacteria and stink from skin + sweat from your hands, and become a biohazard.

Any good mouse design MUST provide for easy cleaning, to keep dirt and bacteria out.
You're right, id1otic design. I can even see a part of the circuit board. Imagine the mess.

"is jaw-droppingly gorgeous"

I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder because I don't think it looks that great.
Looks like sh1t to me either. I guess they went for minimalistic style, but unlike a watch like Hublot, that has intricate mechanical parts and it's cool to see inside, a mouse inner parts are just bland.

Every Razer mouse I ever bough eventually died or stopped tracking properly, and I kept giving them chances for some stupid reason as I went through at least 4 if not 5 over the years, they're headsets aren't much better, only thing I've had success with is their Blackwidow keyboards, both my OG blue backlit with MX switches and Chroma with their knock off MX switches work fine to this day, still use the Chroma daily even, the knock off switch don't even bother me.

I can't deny this as friends of mine have had the same issues, I think I got the golden samples as both my G502s are still working fine, my wife's G Pro is fine too, I had some intermittent clicking issues on my G502 SE but hammer clicking it took care of that and its been fine since.

happened to me 3 times, threw that crap in the trash

The original Viper mini was actually a great value. They finally bring a wireless mini to the market and this is it? It's got massive ugly holes which parts of your palm sink into and yet the mouse still weighs damn near 50g. With tax it's close to $300 and that's really taking the piss now isn't it.

A standard plastic shell for $100 or less would have done well.

$40 for a mouse is too much for me, I have never or ever will spend that much on a mouse but these articles are amusing.

Back