Really noob temp questions :(

Hey everyone i have some questions about Video card temps etc... So I recently was given my good friends gaming desktop as he went away for college a sad day indeed, But hell, free computer for me! So here's the specs.

-Antec 900 Case

-AMD Phenom X4 (quad core) 945 3Ghz Processor

-4GB 1600mhz DDR3 Crucial RAM

-500GB 7,200rpm 16mb cache Hard Drive

-Gigabyte MA785GT Motherboard

-ATI HD Radeon 5750 1GB Video Card

-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

-600W PSU

-3x 120mm blue LED fans, 1x 120mm non-LED fan, 1x 200mm non-LED fan

So I just don't want to fry it on him for when he comes back during breaks etc.

To give you an idea of things I'm running I'm a big Starcraft II junkie, and with this beast of a computer I'm hoping to run Final Fantasy 14 !

So When I am not doing ANYTHING at all the video card temp is at 35C which from what i have been reading is fine?

Since FF14 isn't out yet.. I can't really fun any tests with that BUT on starcraft II with all high settings on with 100+ enemies on the field it's running at 55C

Here is a link to pictures of fans on my PC so you guys can maybe tell me if I have enough or too many.. By the way i know its very dusty in there.. I got a lot of already without actually opening the shell because I am afraid too!!

( Nevermind it won't let me put in the link D: )

Any insight from anyone would be really helpful to me! Thanks so much

If I were you I'd try and clean out the dust, but your temps seem pretty much fine. Just to be sure you might want to check your processor temps also.

55C for a video card is nothing, my 5870 idles at 60C and under load hits 80C. GPUs are designed to get hot, the cooler the better but generally anything bellow 80C is acceptable. 55 is actually really good, it must be a non reference cooler design.

Don't worry Shirooo, 55C on a 5750 under load is great. Here is a review showing the reference cooler going as high as 74C under load. Wish my card ran cool like that, sadly I live in a warm climate with a card that idles higher then I want :( .

Back