Realtek HD Audio not in Device Manager

I bought a new headset and my computer won't recognise the microphone.

I went to open up Realtek Audio and realised it is no where on my computer, not control panel or on device manager.

I have tried installing the driver from the Realtek website, from the Windows Catalogue and various other places a million times and it is not working.

Can anyone help me? :(

When something fails to 'show up', it usually means that the item is non-functional. Start by assuming it is mechanically good, but that the OS has a faulty driver or a number of false items crowding this one out. Go to Device Manager and check view tab and show 'hidden' audio devices - remove all that you find. Same idea if using USB. Then 'restart'. Maybe it will find your device using 'plug and play'.
If not, try the headset/mic in another system.
Is it a special driver? Check manufacturer's website support and forum can have answers.
If none of this works, consider filing for an RMA - in this process, the manufacturer may have you do several tests.
Good luck!

I found your leveno laptop I'll post back later tonight when I find your sound card drivers.
By the way which is are you running, also tell me if it's 32bit or 64bit.
Click this link verify which windows os you have choose the correct one.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
Click on global download to began the process.
Now you read the second link and follow the instructions as stated.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-reinstall-realtek-hd-audio-manager-windows
If any pops up during installing.a screenshot will help clarify things.
Hit prt screen button, open ms paint, paste and save the image as .png bring it back to here.

Last edited:
Wow that seems to have moved me along!

I have a 64 bit system.

It seems to have been installed but I'm getting this problem in the picture.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    138 KB · Views: 3
Then register at toms hardware, make a thread, he may help or may not.
Just mention the problems you are having and go from there.

Back