Reboot with Error code 100000d1, Event ID 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

New user here. My system has been solid for years now, but lately I have been getting a few reboots within the last month. The latest occured during a download; the latest changes to my system were an addition of a hard drive (I also recently added an encrypted external FireWire drive, but was not using it when the reboot occured).

The last Event in the Event Manager reads:

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 5e7a7878, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 baee9437.

I typically find out what the problem is with my system, but this time the microsoft site didn't help and a google search with the above doesn't generate anything applicable to my system, so this one has me clueless.

I am attaching the 3 minidumps I found (not sure if the PC rebooted with the same error on the 2 older ones, so just attaching in case it helps), so would appreciate it if somebody can look into these and provide me a clue as to why I am getting these reboots.

Thank you,

Moe

Attachments

• Mini010709-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 14
0xD1 errors are caused by either faulty drivers or buggy software. In your case all three minidumps cite the driver vsdatant.sys as the problem. This is a Zone Alarm driver. I suggest either upgrading your drivers and/or go to their forums and read up on what ZA suggests.

I hope you are not running more than one antivirus or security suit because that will cause driver conflicts.

Thanks a lot, Route44. I uninstalled Zone alarm in the hopes that this fixes the problem. The weird thing is that I haven't used ZoneAlarm in a year. But anyway, thanks a lot and let's see if that fixes it.

Thanx

Moe

You're welcome. Even if you didn't use ZA for a year if you didn't uninstall it it still had some .dlls and drivers probably attempting to engage causing comflicts with your current security software.

Here is a rule to keep in mind: One antivirus, one firewall, and one antispyware (or one security suite) + router and nothing more.

Thanks CCT; great tip. I will follow the checklist to make sure Zone Alarm is completely exorcised from my system.

Thank you,

Moe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back