Reboot Xp System32 Corrupted Says No Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

PC works great, then when I reboot, I will have a system error, windows\system32\sytem. I go to fix the windows by repair mode and says no hard disk. Ive checked connections ect. I reinstalled windows and went on. Then randomlly happened. But I narrowed it down. It seems when I use never winter nights to build a game module, I can use it, fine build the module and then crash. I wonder once I get enough memory up does it crash hhmmm. I thought maybe direct x 9.1c form microsoft download. Spyware tells me unknown /system32 something clean up. I wonder if it randomly deletes a path to the hard drive. anyway, I have been playing for a while everquest which requires 9 or up direct x. no problems. but got direct x 9 off myst.(game) could it be the power supply I had problems with my dvd drive being detected, because it is serial ata, had to use old one with ribbon to load windows(can't see that being the prob, but it was connected in a port next to hard drive)

hardrive- seagate barracuda 200gb 7200.8 serial ata
motherboard - msi K8T neo2
Video card - msi nx6800gt 256mb ddr3
processor - amd athlon 64 3500+ 2.2,
Ram - 1GB crucial
power supply - 350w
disc drive- plextor px- 712sA dvd, cd -rw

Your powersupply is very much borderline, if not too small already.
Borrow someone's 450-480W PSU with Sata cables to try before you buy.

If it is any help I have found a great way to check your PSU ratings to see if you're underpowered or not.
Go to:

http://takaman.jp/D/index.html?english

type in all your PC equipment and then check the requirements for amps on the 3.3, 5 and 12v rails also check the 3.3 + 5 v rail combined max power required. Then look on your psu to see if is within spec. Also bear in mind that these ratings on your PSU are at 25c normally (some even lower). Most PSU's are running much hotter than that in a PC case so add another 35% to the required figures from the calculator to allow for PSU power loss.

Total power stated by the PSU manufacturer is meaningless. Modern CPU's / pc's need lots of current on the +12 and +5 v rails The calculator will tell you how much) and I have seen 500 watt psu's with only 12a on the +12v rail; way too low for an Athlon 3500+ for instance.

Having said all that if the PSU is on its way out then this is all theoretical!!

Good luck

thanks for your help everyone, I will try that. I had a feeling it would be the power. I loved the case so much when I saw it, but I looked at the power I thought wow pretty low for a gamming case. I wanted to buy a power supply around 450 to 500, I guess I will get a 550 to make sure.

Thanks, rebs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back