Recommended refresh rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin997

hello,

just wondered what the reccomended refresh rate is for LCD widescreen monitors, as i have just bought a 20". On my old 17" CRT screen i always had the refresh rate at 75 hertz as my eyes could not stand 60 hertz. I now have the refresh rate set to 75 hertz on my new monitor, but was wondering if that was correct for a LCD widescreen monitor???

thanks in advance

If you read my link above aznn3rd,it explains, but refresh rates are available for DVI and VGA, even though refresh rates are really not the same as seen with crts.

Since there is a topic right here, there is no need for a new topic. If you were to have the option of 1280X1024 @ 60HZ, or 1280X960@75HZ, Which would you choose? I see a pretty big difference when it comes to how much desktop room, sadly, so I stuck with 1024.

Eyes don't have a set number of FPS they can process. It can't be measured like that.

Keep the LCD at whatever it defaults to. With LCDs don't recreate the image in the same way CRTs do, they just change the pixel colors, which means the pixels are always emitting the same amount of light, and therefore, are easier on the eyes. With LCDs it's more about the response time, which is how many milliseconds the pixels take to change colors. The longer it takes, the more "ghosting" you see, and the worse the quality of moving images.

i still have my 20" lcd monitor set to 75hertz, which is the same setting as my 17"crt.
if i leave the refresh rate on my 20" lcd monitor on 75hertz, will anything bad happen?, or is it completely safe to set to 75 hertz.

the only reason i have it set to this is because my eyes can't shand the overpowering 60 hertz setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back