Red circle with a white x??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello..
i created an account because I encountered a problem tonight...
While online, my computer apparently downloaded some Malware without m knowledge... and now there is a little red circle with a white X in my tray of icons on the lower right. it displays this message:
"You computer is infected!"
"Windows has detected spyware infection!"
"It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you.
Click here to protect you computer from spyware!"

I tried clicking... nothing happened. After a few minutes, I find out that it downloaded a spyware removal program. The program scans, finds files, and tells me that to remove them I need to buy the paid version. the program was called "Pest..." i forgot the rest of the name...

I thought it was kind of weird for a windows window to not offer help or more information on the subject... so I downloaded Ad Aware, and also scanned with A-squared, PC-Cillin, Avast, and Edwin... no change. I even put my computer in Safe Mode--and did not find anything unusual listed under the Program lists. I am very frustrated, with my basic knowledge of computers... and I ask if you please know anything about what i should try... reply with it..
thank you very very much

--Emi

you either have the spysherriff virus or the spyaxe virus, read the posts regarding removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back