Red light on front panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubian13

my computer has a problem somtimes i turn it on it freexes before it turns on i dont think it did anything but i when to the bios page and i set it to defaults and put save and exit and it cared me back to the first place i starded at and it started too work again but what i have to do to keep this from hapining again ill leave my computer on for the night awaiting a respone from anybody please help so that i can prevent it from hapining again and would it be safe to put in a new video card at this state

when i try to play a game the screen says that the input is not suported and usually it plays really good know i cant play at all somthjings wrong and i think somthings wrong with my pc because it has a red light always on at its starting to freeze at startup part when i turn it on

im having a problem with my pc it has a red light thats always on and every time i turn on the computer its there and my pc freezes alot whats causing it

ill try that later on tonight any other sugestions till then

how do i lower it down its causing me alot of problems i really need to lower it down i need some recomendstions so that i can lower it down or some program to tell me whats making it so hi

Your PC is probably heavily infested with malware and is busy sending out thousands of copies to the rest of us. See the specific forum about malware on this site.

Also please do not double-post, and read the thread about 'how do I make a good post'. We are not mind-readers.

Have you installed anything new recently software or hardware?

Also have you checked error reporting? Control panel>Administrative tools and then Error reporting. Then looking under system and see if anything in there is relevant to the game.

Also go start>run and msconfig

Check all of the items in start up and make sure everything in there is necessary

i dont tend to do alot of Gaminig but a bit of gaming :D

so what should i do do to fix it

theres alot of erors like somthing wrong with my hard drive or somthing

Firstly always confirm all backups of your data are completed ;)

Next, depending upon your model of computer (presently unknown in your specs listed)
You could reseat the internal HardDrive cable, or replace it
Otherwise run a Drive Diagnostics on your HardDrive

well im going to do a drive diagnostic but i would like to know how to reset my internal drive oh and how would i check for malaware what is it and how can i delete it

Just unplug the data cable going to the internal Harddrive
I noticed you still haven't put what type of computer you have in your specs drop down list
I'll assume standard PC (manufacture and model unknown)

With the computer off, and ideally power cable out
Remove the side cover (usually two screws at the back left, holding the left cover on)
Slide the cover backwards, where it will then completely come off

Looking inside the computer
Locate your internal Harddrive
You should see two cables connecting to it, one power, and one data cable
Carefully remove the data cable and then securely re-insert it
Do the same on the motherboard end (the other end of the Harddrive data cable)

By the way, whilst looking inside your computer case, have a look to see how much dust is in there. This dust can be removed by a vacuum cleaner (plastic end) or high pressure air (preferred)

Put the cover back on and screws
Put the power cord back in securely
Turn it on
Is the Red light still always on?

Just unplug the data cable going to the internal Harddrive
I noticed you still haven't put what type of computer you have in your specs drop down list
I'll assume standard PC (manufacture and model unknown)

Put the cover back on and screws
Put the power cord back in securely
Turn it on
Is the Red light still always on?

i did this and there was still a red light on my computers front panel. after i turn on my computer it is suppose to change to green after about 2 seconds and beep and then the computer should boot up but im getting nothing. and i just installed a new power supply. fans are working and lights in case are too. any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back