Redirect When Logging Into This Forum

Andrea Borman

When I try to log into the site to post I get this redirect message-

This is what I get when trying to log in with Pale Moon browser(a Firefox browser) and also with Google Chrome Browser.

Error Message said:
This page has had too many redirects.

Here are the screen shots I took which explain it better of what happens when I try to log in.

site bug..JPG

site bug2.JPG
I Think this could be a site bug,that needs to be fixed. As each time I try to log in I have to type in the website address again as I cannot access the threads directly otherwise.

Have check your cookie settings? If you have the browers set not to accept cookies.This could be your problem.

When I try to log into the site to post I get this redirect message-

This is what I get when trying to log in with Pale Moon browser(a Firefox browser) and also with Google Chrome Browser.

Here are the screen shots I took which explain it better of what happens when I try to log in.

I Think this could be a site bug,that needs to be fixed. As each time I try to log in I have to type in the website address again as I cannot access the threads directly otherwise.
Well Andrea, here we are at topic #3 for you.

The first discussion you entered was about your continuing woe and outrage regarding being banned from another website. That thread was locked.

Then you decided to participate into a long dead and resolved discussion about another person's inquiry into posts being removed.

This is where you offered the staff your "insight" and "wisdom", about how the moderation should be done, with all of 27 mostly off topic posts in your "resume".

Now, "the site is redirecting you", and you're going to offer some suggestions about how you think the software could be improved. This software has had minor glitches since its installation, to be sure, but nothing at the magnitude of which you're describe.

Assuming you have the cookies setting correct in your browsers (*), the number one cause of redirects is MALWARE running on the machine in question.

None of the regular contributing members have ever mentioned this issue. I don't have any trouble getting on the site, or negotiating it, and I only permit 2 or 3 of the many scripts here at TS to run.

So, what I think your next, most prudent course of action should be, is to at least have your computer checked by the staff in our malware removal forum.

Who knows, perhaps this will also provide you with an opportunity to comment on how that forum might be run better as well.

Git the heck over thar, an' show 'em how it's done, Andy.

(*) as suggested by Cobalt

Well as far as I know my browsers are set to accept cookies. Although they say you should clear your cache every so often so I do. I read on another thread that you updated your forum software. So it could be that. It does not happen on other websites though.

So when can we expect contributions to our community? There are several topics started each day, please feel free to jump in and type a few words.

So when can we expect contributions to our community? There are several topics started each day, please feel free to jump in and type a few words.
Dude, like I just logged in to say I can't log in. I hope you're not expecting great things from me either.....:D

Well as far as I know my browsers are set to accept cookies. Although they say you should clear your cache every so often so I do. I read on another thread that you updated your forum software. So it could be that. It does not happen on other websites though.
A great many of us do not experience your symptom at all even with {Chrome, Opera, IE, Firefox & Opera Mini [that's a cell phone emulator]). That should tell you something.

The possibility has occurred to me, (after receiving another tedious rant in a conversation from Andrea's twin sister, "TheBeholder"). That these two are in "cahoots".

Most of you are probably aware of the old expression, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" OK, so we know where that screen name came from. In this case, "beholder" is a euphemism for "voyeur", as all that is being done is basically trolling, then waiting to "behold" the responses.

As for Andrea's screen name, the meaning is patently obvious, "boor-man".

I have the strangest notion that these two are involved in a fraternity prank in which the winner is the person who can get themselves banned from the most forums, in the shortest period of time.

Either that or they're total nut jobs. (I get to say that by virtue of the fact that, "it takes one to know one").:D

I say we congratulate them for best gross out stunt in a day or so, and send them on their merry way.

In the case of "Ms Boor-man", I think we should solve her log in issue once and for all, by deactivating "her" account.:p

I'm in here using Google Chrome right now & I have no problem. You might re check your cookie settings.Accept 1st party, block 3rd party.Good luck:)

The possibility has occurred to me, (after receiving another tedious rant in a conversation from Andrea's twin sister, "TheBeholder"). That these two are in "cahoots".
Personally - - I recommend we drop the issue and if there is a trend in the future, we just ignore. Exercise your personal right to just "not participate" when there's nothing to be "fixed" in the first place :grin:

Captain Cranky said:

Most of you are probably aware of the old expression, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" OK, so we know where that screen name came from. In this case, "beholder" is a euphemism for "voyeur", as all that is being done is basically trolling, then waiting to "behold" the responses.

As for Andrea's screen name, the meaning is patently obvious, "boor-man".

No Andrea Borman is actually my real name that I use on sites and forums. As for The Beholder,I don't know any member by that name.

No Andrea Borman is actually my real name that I use on sites and forums. As for The Beholder,I don't know any member by that name.
Then it would seem Ma'am, you are most appropriately named.

The "former" member whose alias was "TheBeholder" and yourself carried on quite a lengthyand lively discussion in this thread: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3276/2635339474_4f964ba3a9_z.jpg?zz=1

His posts are now conspicuous in their absence, as I hope yours will be by the time the administration gets around to reading this post.

I've never seen anyone with the chutzpah such as yours, to inflict the aggravation, lunacy, accusation, counter accusation, bull s***, boorish behaviour, and general mayhem, on an innocent 3rd party, in this case Techspot, and its membership.

You posts are beyond worthless, they have no value to the community. Just buffoonish, self centered rants.

The fact that staff has had the patience to leave them in place thus far, is a level of Zen that I cannot ever hope to achieve.

Quite simply, the only thing you have to offer, is the, "Andrea Borman agenda", coupled with the "Andrea Borman Lament".

The "banned from" thread continues with claim and counterclaim about your alleged ties with Hezbollah. Oddly, "TheBeholder" was ranting in PM last night how "his country Yemen", followed by a bunch of militant doggerel..

IMO, a business site such as Techspot should distance itself from radical politics as far as possible

Perhaps this was just a case of two dissatisfied and alienated individuals who," like ships, passed in the night", (sadly for us, without the courtesy of ever letting off the horns).

It seems you're ready to "roll up your sleeves, and get this site running the Andrea Borman way", The sad thing about that is, it was much more placid and productive before you got here.

All I find myself doing is posting rebuttals to your convenient lapses of memory, and staring at the monitor in utter amazement at the level of brass & iron you exhibit

Now jobeard, has counseled me, (and us), to simply ignore you. And as I expected, you're boldfaced intent on making that nigh on impossible.

As to your login issue, God bless whoever or whatever caused it, I hope it is never resolved.

Now, I'm going to post the link to the now defunct "banned from" thread once again, and invite the staff and membership to look it over, or over again, as the case may be. I honestly don't want anyone to believe I'm being, mean, petulant, vindictive, and certainly not "cranky", about my abhorrent response to it... https://www.techspot.com/community/...strator-from-windows-7-8-forums.182857/page-2

Well Captain I don't think they will open that thread again,now that they have closed it. As for the log in issue,well. When you get the error message you just type in the web address and you get back onto the forum,logged in. Then you can post. It's a hassle I know, but it's the best we can do at the moment,until they fix this problem.

Well Captain I don't think they will open that thread again,now that they have closed it. As for the log in issue,well. When you get the error message you just type in the web address and you get back onto the forum,logged in. Then you can post. It's a hassle I know, but it's the best we can do at the moment,until they fix this problem.
See, you don't really accept input from other people, and your reading comprehension is on a 5th grade level. I can login just fine, and by what bizarre level of self delusion, would you think I want that thread opened up again?

Really, the responses you give are detached to the point they suggest undiagnosed autism or schizophrenia. Maybe I'll change my screen name to "DoctorCranky".

And the scary part of that is, I'm not joking.

Hello Clifford, I met you on Windows 7 Forums.com,when you said you are a moderator on W7 forums. Nice to see you again.

Hi Andrea. :)

Unfortunately I'm no longer moderating w7forums, I made a decision to stand down a few months back. TechSpot is the only place I'm currently visiting.

Clifford said:
Hi Andrea.

Unfortunately I'm no longer moderating w7forums, I made a decision to stand down a few months back. TechSpot is the only place I'm currently visiting.

Oh that's a shame. How many moderators are there on W7 forums? As I have a friend on there who says he is moderator but he won't tell me his username on there.

Also is Techspot forums,this forum part of Forums.Windows 8 .com? As I heard someone mention that forum in another post but I did not think it was part of Techspot.

Back