Redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

marygg

This computer has a pop up that says "cannot connect to internet" which comes up before the computer connects. When I go to internet explorer on the start menu, it connects fine. I took off avg, tried avast, then changed to avira. I reinstalled malwarebytes. I updated as suggested. Thanks for helping me with this problem.

Attachments

• mab.txt
    896 bytes · Views: 2
  • gmer.log
    375 bytes · Views: 2
  • Attach,log.zip
    5 KB · Views: 1
  • DDS.log
    9.6 KB · Views: 2
You need to get the antivirus programs worked out. Right now the system has- per Restore Points:

AVG was removed, them installed:
RP510: 6/13/2010 10:09:50 PM - Removed AVG Free 9.0
RP511: 6/13/2010 10:12:56 PM - Installed AVG Free 9.0

Avast was downloaded twice, but not installed.
RP512: 6/13/2010 10:28:10 PM - avast! Free Antivirus Setup
RP513: 6/13/2010 10:45:50 PM - avast! Free Antivirus Setup

Avira shows installed in Programs.
Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus

"Cannot connect to the internet" is not usually a malware problem. But go ahead and run the following after you handle the multiple antivirus programs:

Please download ComboFix from Here and save to your Desktop.

• [1]. Do NOT rename Combofix unless instructed.
    [2].Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    [3].Close any open browsers.
    [4]. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts to run.
  • NOTE: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If it does not, restart your computer to restore your connection.
    [5]. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    [6]. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always allow.
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    [7]. A report will be generated after the scan. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in next reply.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Note: Make sure you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix..

Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus Scanner HERE
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  • Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  • A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.
Please include these logs in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back