Redirected when in Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I've followed the 8 step removal instructions and I'm still getting redirected 75% of the time when I click on a link in google (usually to something like blinx.com or abcjump.com). I've attached the 3 logs requested.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Hello Eddster.

It looks like you have a Seneka Rootkit.

I´ll therefore suggest you download and run combofix ->

Please download Combofix:
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

And save to the desktop.

Close all other browser windows.

Please connect all your external hard drive/flash drive before running Combofix, if you have any

Double-click on the combofix icon found on your desktop.

Please note, that once you start combofix you should not click anywhere on the combofix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when combofix is running, do not touch your computer at all and just take a break as it may take a while for it to complete.

When finished, it will produce a logfile located at C:\combofix.txt.

Attach the contents of that log in your next reply

Thanks for the reply Touch, Combofix log attached.

Forgot to mention in the first post that it only seems to redirect me in Google when using Firefox. It doesn't seem to do the same with IE the few times I've used it.

Attachments

• log.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 5
You have P2P software installed
Support cannot help you whilst this is installed, as you may just get re-infected
Have a read here on P2P:

Then decide on any or all P2P software to be removed (it's your choice ;))

I would like to keep Utorrent as I only really use it to watch motorsport from a reliable source. Still the other programs can probably go.

Can anyone offer any help, this problem still remains.

try this :

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 to your Desktop.
Click on Avenger.zip to open the file
Extract avenger.exe to your desktop(How to extract (decompress) zipped or compressed files, help in the link here: )

2. Now, start The Avenger program by clicking on its icon on your desktop.
Make sure the "Scan for Rootkits" box is checked
Select Execute
You will be prompted "No Script loaded, do ytou want to scan for rootkits."
Select Yes
Answer Yes When prompted to reboot

3. The Avenger will automatically do the following:
It will Restart your computer.
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

4. Please copy/paste the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply.

swandog46dotgeekstogodotcom

Thanks for the reply, I was worried I might have to reformat the comp, still might judging by the results so far!

Attachments

• avenger.txt
    886 bytes · Views: 7
Well .. In my case a rootkit was installed that was causing the redirection. But apparently avanger didn't find any rootkits on your machine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back