Reformating a PC

andoyan

Hello All,
I have a Sony Pc PCV-RZ10/RX800 series. The C drive is full and I can't add any more program, so I decided to use the recovery CD to format the PC (C) drive but every time I insert the System Recovery CD I get this massage; "can not normally execute the initial setting of partition information this utility exists and your computer is rebooted." can someone explain what is going on and help me with this problem? I would be greatly appreciated.
Jon

yes I do from recovery cd, once the reformating suppose to start the screen gose light blue the mouse is visible then hour glass shows up and then next screen shows up which is also light blue at that time is when i recive the masasge (can not normally execute the initial setting of partition information this utility exists and your computer is rebooted)!!!
Thanks for your help

can not normally execute the initial setting of partition information this utility exists and your computer is rebooted.

According to the research I done on this, this is a common issue with certain models of Sony computers. Basically, the computer is attempting to boot from the card reader. One suggestion was to attempt to manipulate the boot options to boot from the cd first by pressing F2 during start-up. Some said this did not solve the issue for them. They ended up unplugging the power cord > opening the computer > gently unplug the card reader > close the computer > plug it back in > reboot using the recovery disc. Once everything is complete unplug the power again > open the computer and re-connect the card reader. You can read more on this on the link below.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-xp-support/244161-solved-computer-problem-bsod.html

Back