Registry Mechanic No Longer In Business

I use Registry Mechanic and like it a lot. But...it is no longer going to be in business. I am not sure how long my subscription is for but they will honor it through 2014.

At any rate, what do you recommend that could do the job of cleaning the registry, cleaning browsers and compacting the registry. I am sure there is a lot of Freeware out there that can do all of this and some perhaps built into Windows 7 and FF and IE browsers but can you recommend a new product free or not. I don't mind paying as long as it does the job.

I was looking at this as an option for at least the Registry. https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5619-auslogics-registry-cleaner.html

But I really want something that can do it all. 1. Clean Registry. 2. Clean Browsers. 3. Compact Registry.

Hi, I have used CCleaner for clearing the web browser history since the days of Windows 95 right up to '8', it really does a good job.
I also use Auslogics registry cleaner, (2.5.1.0) and also Auslogics disk defrag, and these programs are my 'choice' cleaning software, although I do install others from time to time, I always go back to these three.

I'll "3rd" the opinion. CCleaner is the only registry cleaner I trust. Other cleaners tend to be more aggressive then needed and cause more problems then it's worth

/* Edit */
p.s. I have a "many year" history of using CCleaner across many different computers running many different versions of Windows. Never had a problem with it.

Registry Mechanic was one app that give me bad vibes. For all I know it could have all been in my head.

I used to use Regseeker all the time. But since I started using CCleaner, I've not really used Regseeker that much. While I was using Regseeker, I never had issues with it.

Thanks for all your replies. I will be using CCleaner and Ausologics Registry Cleaner and AR Defrag every so often. Thanks!!

Back