Remote Desktop Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I set up a remote desktop connection with the other computers on my network? I've been trying to figure this out and am hitting a brick wall everytime i try. The computer i'm connecting to has XP and my main computer that i will be connecting from has Vista. I also want to know how to connect to my computers at home from a different location if i'm not home.

Please help me. I'm new to all this and will greatly appreciate your help.

You have a couple options
1. If you have a computer which run XP Professional or Media Center Edition, Windows already has the software "built-in" that will allow you to get to the XP computer (but the reverse isn't true. You cannot use it to connect from XP to logon to Vista)

2. There is freeware available that allows you to go either way

It might be simplest (at least to start) for you to first try/configure remote logon to your XP computer.

First questions are:
1) What firewall product are you running on your XP computer you want to login to?
2)What firewall product and Operating System are you running on the computer you want to logon from?
3)To connect to your home computer from outside your home, you must also open the firewall on your home router. What make/model is your router?

hum; using the Search box for TeamViewer has a few hits, but none with your id attached to the post.

If your post violated any of the Terms of Service, it would have been deleted (e.g. if you had comments and/or links to sites whose net affect was interpreted as encouraging a PAY service, it would be considered SPAM and deleted)

Not saying that's the case (I never saw your post) but just an example of TOS violations

I suggested about the software TeamViewer and gave its link. TeamViewer is a freeware remote desktop management software. I dont think that should be any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back