Removing Scratches on a PS2 Game DVD?...

dustin7up

I've got a PS2 game that has a lot of scratches, so many that I can only play the game for about 5 minutes, and then it says error reading dvd. I don't have any money to buy a scratch remover system. I read somewhere where you can use Isopropyl Alcohol, soak it in a paper towel, and wipe it horizontally from the center, and do that about 5 times.

I have tried this, but it didn't really work. But maybe I'm not doing it right. Do I let it air dry, or use a hairdryer? Does anyone know exactly how to do this, or if there's another way you can remove scratches using household products, and exactly how to do it?

I did this to a music CD when my 2 yr old daughter scratch the hell out of it.
I used my wife's nail buffing kit. There's an emery cloth pad in there. I buffed the whole thing and it went cloudy. Then I took some Brasso, this is a product to clean Brass and applied it with a paper towel and rubbed it until it was shiney again (or pretty shiney). CD played like new again, but never had that brand new shiney look again, but it worked!
Your game DVD is the same thing as the music CD.

Cheers

wow, thats amazing! my cd is prob as scatched as yours was... but the thing is, i dont really have any money to buy that stuff, unless it all costs only 5 dollars, then maybe i might be able to get them..... any idea on what exactly that nail buffing kit is called and how much it costs, same thing for that brasso?

is there any way to using that rubbing alcohol?

Back